Friday 1 February 2013

Stepper card tutorial

I love making different shaped cards, and this stepper card is a fun one to make.  You don't need to buy or download a template, sa they are really easy to make, and you can adjust the sizings to suit the card you are making.

Here is my template - I use a 26cm x 18cm rectangle as my card base.
 I measure 6cm in from the long side, and 3cm in from the short sides and create my cut and fold lines.  The long line is cute, the others are scored and folded.

So when it is cut and folded it should look like this.  I score my cardstock using a score board (Lisa stocks Hougie boards) and I score on both sides, as it seems to make a neater crease and fold.

So now all you need to do is fold the card to make the stepper shape ...

You will need to firmly score over the folds to make the 'peaks' crisp so they do slide back.  Once theis is done, you will need to decide which side the tall part of your step is gonig to be.

I coloured this fab  Saturated Canary stamp, Valentine Petals, using my promarkers.

 I matted the design papers, My Minds Eye Lost and Found and First Edition Summer Breeze, up onto kraft cardstock.
 Finally I added some ribbon, Memory box hearts and flowers, and some pearls.  The sentiment was stamped onto the deisgn paper, and it is from the same stamp set as the iamge.
I hope you find this tutorial useful, and if you make any stepper cards it would be great if you shared them on our facebook page.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try that! No stop laughing, I am ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow always meant to have a go at this but now I definitely shall. I really love the way you have decorated it, it's really gorgeous :-) DT hugs Kerry xxx

    ReplyDelete