Sunday 22 April 2012

More challenge inspiration

Good afternoon, Dawn H here sharing some more inspiration for our challenge of anything but square or rectangle on over on our challenge blog.
I made this card using some goodies from that craft place, I'm just loving the papers. For the image I heat embossed just one layer of clear powder to add to the vintage feel as it makes the white card translucent in places. I coloured the image with distress inks.
Seeing as the challenge is all about shape I wanted to incorporate this into the whole design using a variety of shapes that I think work well together. All these shapes are nestabilities, using four different sets. The hearts are die cut from chipboard and covered. Why hearts? Well in my pack from Lisa was a lovely little heart embellishment that I wanted to use, I just altered the colour with alcohol ink, punched a heart and added it to the little bouquet of flowers, which were pink so I altered them with pro markers.  Hope you like my sample and I know we're all lookin forward to seeing more of your entries into the challenge.
How about a handbag shaped card, or a flower pot with flowers, or a Pentagon shape folded in half makes a funky base. Or how about a teddy shape or triangular shape. The possibilities are endless, enjoy creating something a bit different and good luck to all entrants x bye for now , dawn x


No comments:

Post a Comment